Sony Ericsson’s just come up with the official word on its new G705 slider handset, and it’s a really sleek little gadget. The Sony Ericsson G705 is a slider phone with a large 2.4 inch TFT screen with auto-rotation feature, high-speed 3G and a full HTML browser.
The integrated 3.2-megapixel camera captures photos and videos that can be uploaded to the web using its various connection methods which includes Tri-band HSDPA and WIFI. SE G705 users can upload pictures, surf the Internet, use instant messaging applications and stay connected 24-hours-a-day.
Also included is an RSS Reader, which can be configured to display the latest news from the feeds you have subscribed to, the option to directly upload videos taken on its 3.2-megapixel camera to YouTube and a Google shortcut for quick access to information when needed. While we knew about its aGPS with Google Maps and WiFi, features that took us by surprise are the accelerometer for automatic orientation between portrait/landscape modes.
Sony Ericsson G705 key features:
- Size: 95 x 47 x 14.3 mm, Weight: 98 grams
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and HSDPA 7.2 Mbps/tri-band HSDPA for US version
- Built-in GPS with A-GPS function, Wayfinder Navigator software, geotagging
- 3.2 MP camera with LED flash (up to 3.2x digital zoom and video recording)
- WIFI b/g with DLNA and SIP support, Bluetooth (with A2DP), USB v2.0
- 2.4″ 256K-color TFT display
- Illuminated Web shortcut keys
- Enhanced user interface with basic multi-tasking
- Dedicated Play/Pause music key
- Media Center, Smart search, Manage Messages
- YouTube client
- FM radio with RDS and TrackID
- 120 MB built-in memory, Memory Stick Micro™ card support (1GB included)
- Networks: G705 and G705u: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSDPA 2100. G705 (American version): GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSUPA 850/1900/2100
- Available in: Silky Gold, Majestic Black, Luminous Black (G705u only)